When you’ve found your dream car, it’s time to make sure the sound system is as great as the vehicle itself.
The system you currently have in place may not suffice.
At times, the sound produced by a car’s factory supplied sound system may be quite dull, especially if you’re a music fanatic.
I believe life is too short to listen to music poorly.
Aftermarket speakers will get you good mids and highs so you can enjoy music in a different level.
That’s why I want to help you invest in car speakers that will guarantee you an enhanced sound quality.
A little research can help you make the right decision. 3.5” car speakers are ideal for enhancing your car’s sound system because their size means they can be installed in almost any vehicle.
Choosing the correct parts in terms of quality and durability is paramount, otherwise you may regret the purchase.
The variety of brands that put items on the market can make this process time consuming and tedious.
My list below may be your answer. I combined 5 of the best 3.5” car speakers for you.
You can browse through the specifications to find speakers that fulfils your requirements.
Once you select and fit the ideal car speaker, your future travels will be much more enjoyable.
3.5 Car Speakers Comparation Chart
|TOP PICK!||1. Kicker 3.5 Inches 30W Speaker Set
||Power: RMS: 6-15 Watts Peak: 30W||Sensitivity: 88 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|2. Infinity REF3022CFX
||Power: RMS: 25W Peak: 75W||Sensitivity: 91 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|3. JBL GX302 150W
||Power: RMS: 25W Peak: 75W||Sensitivity: 89 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|4. Rockford Fosgate Punch P132
||Power: RMS: 20W Peak: 40W||Sensitivity: 85 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|5. Polk Audio DB351
||Power: RMS: 35W Peak: 105W||Sensitivity: 91 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Reviews of the 5 Best 3.5 Car Speakers
The UV-treated foam surround helps this speaker be more resistant to high heat to increase the overall durability. The tweeter you get in the speaker housing is made from stiffer materials to prevent distortion of high-range sounds.
With the high 88dB sensitivity, these speakers will be able to handle quite high output volumes without any problems. With 4ohm impedance, the speakers will not be under much load even at higher volumes.
These speakers are a decent improvement to the standard issues you get in your vehicle..
- Easy to install in 3.5-inch allocated spaces
- It can be used in most vehicles
- Nicely designed to display well
- UV protection with quality foam surrounding
- The magnets are not properly secured
- It does not have a lot of middle and high range support
I've wanted to review this speakers from Infinity for a long time now.
If your old speakers are worn out, or you’re simply in need of an upgrade, this will adequately elevate your car’s sound level.
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- RMS: 25 watts
- Peak Power: 75 watts
- Frequency Response: 85-21 000 Hz
- 2way/3way/4way: 2-Way
Take into account that a little modification may be needed for the speakers to fit perfectly into your car.
Once installed, you will begin to experience the difference between your old speakers and the Infinity REF3022CFX.
No undesirable noise or distortion will come from these speakers as long as you keep the volume at a reasonable level.
Your car’s factory radio doesn’t supply enough power to allow these speakers to reach their full potential.
I advise you to use these speakers in conjunction with an amplifier.
This will allow you to experience them at full force.
There will be no regret in investing into these speakers.
The sensitivity and frequency response produce quality sound, making them an excellent improvement on your factory speakers.
If the speakers are not installed in the correct manner, it can make the vocals sound harsh.
You may need an expert’s advice to correctly position them and connect the wires in the right manner.
- It is important to note that these speakers arrive with bass blockers
- The silver detail of the design gives the speakers additional style.
- Vehicle owner who want to make a statement with their speaker will love this
- Textile used in the design adds to home stereo type sound, which is of exceptional quality
- These speakers need to be handled gently during installation as they’re sensitive to physical shock
- Wires and documentation—such as warranty information and instructions—aren’t included
The JBL GX302 150W are not speaker that only supply bass when producing music.
These coaxial speakers are designed to bring you a sound experience that covers all frequencies.
This speaker offers you sound elevation.
Using only the speakers is suitable for smaller sized cars but if you own a large vehicle, you may want to consider attaching them to an amplifier.
This setup truly brings more satisfaction because of the impressive sound it produces.
The speakers’ conventional form makes installation easier, as they may fit in most vehicles.
A secure fit will prevent vibrations.
- These speakers handle well, even if a lot of power is supplied to the units.
- No matter the power you supply, this speaker will give you a quality output
- There is high clarity in the singing vocals of songs
- These speakers have built-in bass blockers.
- These components prevent excessive distortion, which is especially prevalent in smaller speakers such as the 3.5 car speaker range.
- JBL always makes sure quality is paired with functionality, so you can be sure these bass blockers will work for a long time
- When purchasing these speakers, the packaging doesn’t include the mounting hardware needed to install the speakers.
- This may be because many vehicles already contain these, but it’s problematic of you need a customized installation
- Depending on where you want to place your speakers, modifications are needed to ensure that they are a perfect fit
Once these speakers replace your previous ones, you instantly hear the clarity stemming from the speakers.
These speakers work well in conjunction with your factory radio, so you’ll experience a constant clear sound.
- Sensitivity: 85dB
- RMS: 20 watts
- Peak Power: 40 watts
- Frequency Response: 120-22 000 Hz
- 2way/3way/4way: 2-Way
There is a slight change in design compared to conventional sized speakers.
There is a bigger spade terminal on the negative side, which makes installation harder as it doesn’t slip right into the socket.
Changes in your harness are needed to compensate for this design change.
These are the least powerful speakers on this list of best 3.5 car speakers, as they can only handle up to 40W each.
Their support of bass frequencies also leaves a lot of room for improvement.
- Mounting hardware is included in the set
- Tweeter has a built-in crossover
- If you’re in search of excellent high frequencies, these speakers will provide it, even without an amplifier
- If these speakers are not used with an amp, they only reach a range as low as 60 Hz
- These speakers are not designed for bass frequencies so additional purchases are needed if you want the bass to kick
- These speakers only get the 40 watts of peak power.
- If high power is supplied, the sound quality starts deteriorating, which can irritate and tire listeners
- These speakers are not durable. On a number of occasions, the sound quality began to weaken over time
The car audio speakers from JBL are designed to provide you with high clarity sound to improve the listening experience. This also means that weak audio signals will be elevated for high clarity in vocals and a smooth and clear sound output.
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
- RMS: 25 watts
- Peak Power: 75 watts
- Frequency Response: 90-21 000 Hz
- 2way/3way/4way: 2-Way
These speakers will display nicely on your car dash when completely installed and even come with a stylish cup design. With the high power output these speakers deliver, there will be very little dictation regardless of their size.
These speakers provide top sound quality with good sensitivity to back it up.
- Cup has a stylish display
- It has a clear mid-range sound
- It will easily fit in most newer model cars
- Very little distortion for a small size
- There are no grills included in the package
- No mounting hardware included
The JL Audio C2-350x are not the most powerful speakers on the market, but they remain one of my favorite options.
On this list, they come out on top, thanks to the durability of the speakers and their lightweight design; you can have an immense improvement in your sound experience, without adding weight to your vehicle.
They sound and look great, so why not give them a try?