Looking for new speakers? Look no further.
I've spent 90+ hours testing and researching the best 5.25 speakers on the market to bring you a summary of the top 5.25 inch car speakers you can buy in 2019.
If you're in a rush, make sure to check the comparison chart to get a quick idea of which options are going to suit your needs best.
Also, don't forget to check my review of the best car door speakers of the year, where I cover the very best models there are, regardless of their size!
5.25 Speakers Comparison Chart
|TOP PICK!||1. Focal Access 130 A1
||Power: RMS: 50W Peak: 100W||Sensitivity: 91dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|2. KICKER CSC46 CS Series
||Power: RMS: 88 W Peak: 150 W||Sensitivity: 88 db||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|3. Alpine Spr-50c
||Power: RMS: 100W Peak: 300W||Sensitivity: 87 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|4. Pioneer TS-G1320F
||Power: RMS: 15W Peak: 105W||Sensitivity: 89 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|5. Rockford Fosgate Punch P152
||Power: RMS: 40 W Peak:80 W||Sensitivity: 87 dB||VIEW ON AMAZON|
List of Best 5.25 Car Speakers in 2019 Reviews
1. Focal Access 130 A1
As 5.25-inch speakers go, these are definitely some of the finer component speakers you can purchase.
Focal is a brand that prides on superior sound quality, ideal for audiophiles who want the cleanest, purest sound for their cars.
The sound is loud without distorting even at higher volume, and they are easily capable of being driven by factory car stereos if you opt not to upgrade.
- Sensitivity: 91dB
- RMS: 50 watts
- Peak Power: 100 watts
- Frequency Response: 65Hz-20kHz
- 2way/3way/4way: 2-Way Full Range Speaker
50-watt RMS power means no need to install a separate amplifier, and these speakers have built-on crossovers for differentiating between their high and low frequency sound output.
Another interesting perk with this pair is that they include both 5”x7” and 6”x9” adapter plates for use in larger car door speaker mounting systems.
These speakers peak at 100-watts, which should not pose a problem for factory car stereos, but if you intend to upgrade to something more powerful per channel or install an independent amplifier, these speakers may not be the best choice.
Additionally, the low end frequency range is somewhat higher than other speakers in its class, meaning that bass response may not be as good as comparable models.
- Built-in crossovers
- 50-watts of RMS power/peak 100-Watts means increased compatibility with factory stereos-Included car door speaker box adapter plates
- Lower peak power may not work well with upgraded stereos that have more than 80-watts per channel
- Frequency range for low end is inferior to similar speakers
2. KICKER CSC46 CS Series
These speakers have a great design to display very well after they have been installed, while the foam cones provide some durability to them.
The low-projection tweeters you get with these speakers provide you with much better control over the highs. You will also have much more clarity with the tweeters as they are equipped with a neodymium magnet.
They need to be paired with a subwoofer so they will be able to handle the bass frequencies and clear output better.
- Poly cones for protection added
- Very low profile with near-zero protrusion
- Heavy-duty motor for cleaner bass
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- No grills included - stock covers should be used
- Works best with 50 watts and lower output
3. Alpine Spr-50c
Alpine has a longstanding reputation for building some of the most powerful car speakers that outperform the competition no matter what.
They also maintain that high quality audio even when pushed to their 300-watt max range, making them an exception feat of audio engineering.
The power draw on these starts at 100 watts, which may be more than a factory stereo head unit can handle on its own.
Also, the tweeters and woofers for these speakers must be manually wired to their crossovers since the frequency splitters are not integrated.
The frequency range is also somewhat limited compared to similar speakers in its class.
- Loud, powerful sound
- High max power makes these perfect for use with powerful head units and standalone speaker amplifiers.-Attractive grill design
- Crossovers are not integrated with the speaker, requiring separate connection and installation.
- High power draw means these speakers may not be compatible with existing factory car stereos
4. Pioneer TS-A4670F
As always, speakers provided by Pioneer will have the best quality and very clear sound output for a good listening experience.
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
- RMS: 15 watts
- Peak Power: 105 watts
- Frequency Response: 35Hz-42khz
- 2way/3way/4way: 4-Way
The overall design of these speakers makes them robust and durable to last for quite some time.
If you are looking for speakers that do not have high bass, these are ideal for lower bass output.
- These are very responsive speakers
- They come with crisp and clean high sound
- They are quite easy to install
- High maximum output range
- The bass is not the highest quality
- They have a high power consumption rating
5. Rockford Fosgate Punch P152
For those car audio enthusiasts looking for an excellent set of powerful speakers that won’t blow up their factory car stereo, Rockford Fosgate offers their ever popular Punch series.
These 2-way coaxial mounted component speakers can crank out rumbling lows, rich expansive midrange, and bright highs that make your music come to life in your car.
Their overall audio quality is excellent, and they are quite loud considering their power output. Another added bonus not seen on many speakers in this category is their integrated crossover, making installation and wiring significantly easier.
These speakers don’t really allow for much in the way of upgrading your amplifier/head unit in the future as they peak at 80-watts per channel and may not perform well under those circumstances.
- Excellent sound quality across lows, mids, and highs
- Loud despite their lower 40-watt RMS draw
- Lower draw means greater compatibility with factory head units
- Integrated crossovers for simplified wiring and installation.
- Peak power limits the use of more powerful stereos in the future.
- OEM mounting adapter may prove challenging for first time DIY car audio installers.
For the best value in terms of quality versus cost and ease of installation, our hands down pick is the Focal Access 130 A1.
These two ways offer excellent frequency response, booming bass, rich mid range tones, and crystal clear highs.
Add to that their factory car stereo friendly 50-watts RMS, and these are clearly the best 5.25 car speakers on the market.