Cerwin-Vega has been involved in the professional audio market for over 60 years.
The company was founded in 1954. During these years, it was first known as Vega Laboratories and had several name changes.
It developed different departments and was bought by other companies, so today, the Cerwin-Vega mobile division—which produces car audio equipment—is an integral part of Diamond Audio Technologies.
It can be considered one of the best car speaker brands.
During the 60 years of experience the company built on it became a supplier of speakers to leading instrument companies and movie theatres.
An exceptional moment took place in the 1950’s when Cerwin-Vega first manufactured a speaker that produced 130 dB sound and later the world’s first solid-state amplifier.
No wonder their slogan still mentions this by stating ‘The LOUD Audio Company since 1954!’
These ground-breaking inventions were only the first of many victories and today Cerwin-Vega still produces quality products.
They can proudly state they are the world’s largest audio components manufacturer.
Here are details on only a few aspects of Cerwin-Vega’s Mobile products, which I want to share with you. It may help you find the product you’re looking for if you’re looking to buy components to upgrade your car’s sound system.
Cerwin Vega Speakers Series
- Stroker Pro
- Pro Midrange
The Stroker Pro Series is part of Cerwin-Vega’s component speaker systems.
All units in the series are made from quality materials such as the fiber weave used in the cones.
The series is made to afford durability and quality, as can be seen in the use of chrome & aluminum.
This also serves to make the components look as amazing as the sound they can bring forth.
This speaker set includes both tweeters and woofers.
The design features a crossover so users are assured of balance between different frequencies.
The Stroker series may be slightly less developed than the Stroker Pro Series.
However, this is still an exceptional speaker series.
The component system guarantees that all sounds are produced with clarity.
This is assisted by the built-in crossover.
The different speaker units are created in die-cast aluminum frames.
This feature assists both in terms of durability and sound quality.
The Vega Speaker Series offers a range of items that fulfils the requirements of different types of music lovers as it offers you both component and coaxial products:
- The Cerwin-Vega V465C Component System
- The range of coaxial units which are all 2-way car speakers:
The Pro Midrange series enables car enthusiasts to customize their sound systems according to their personal preferences.
This is possible by installing the units of a component system.
Experiment to find the ideal position for one of these items in your car; this will create the ultimate sound experience:
- Cerwin-Vega CVMP1.0: These tweeters pump out a maximum of 100 watts each
- Cerwin-Vega CVMP6.5: These mid-range drivers will assist in creating clear mid frequencies
- Cerwin-Vega CVMP8.0: Your mid-range frequencies can be both loud and clear thanks to the power of 400 watts that these speakers can handle
The XED range is quite extensive, so you can choose exactly the type of speakers you need.
The variety includes both coaxial and component systems.
You can purchase a complete set, or simply buy some of the units and add them to your existing system so your car can supply better sound:
- Cerwin-Vega XED1T: This is a tweeter unit which can supply up to 500-watts sound
- Cerwin-Vega XED42: These 4” coaxial car speakers afford up to 250-watts sound
- Cerwin-Vega XED52: These are 5.25” component speakers. Combine them with other components for excellent sound, as they handle up to 275 watts
- Cerwin-Vega XED525C: This component speaker set includes 1” tweeters and 5.25” speakers
- Cerwin-Vega XED62: This is a coaxial speaker set. Apart from 6.5” 2-way coaxial speaker, you also receive 0.75” tweeters
- Cerwin-Vega XED650C: Another excellent component system in the XED series, this item offers 6.5” 2-way speakers, 0.5” tweeters and a dynamic external crossover network
- Cerwin-Vega XED693: These are powerful coaxial car speakers. They handle up to 300W power, so you can enjoy loud volumes.
Cerwin-Vega’s HED series offers you a wide range of both coaxial and component speaker sets.
If you know what you’re after, you’re sure to find it here.
If, however you’re simply shopping around, you may find it hard to decide between all the options.
Some items that stand out from the rest include:
- Cerwin-Vega H435: This small 3.5” coaxial speaker can handle an amazing 360 watts of power
- Cerwin-Vega H452: The 1.85” mounting depth allows it to be installed almost anywhere. For its size, it pumps an amazing 250 watts at peak power. This is another amazing coaxial speaker
- Cerwin-Vega H452C: This component system has 5.25” speakers that handle 360 watts. Paired with the tweeters it offers amazing sound capabilities for your car.
Cerwin Vega Speakers Reviews
Now that you know about Cerwin-Vega’s immense speaker range, let’s take an in depth look at some of the best on the list.
1. Cerwin-Vega V465C
This component system in the Vega range combines many of Cerwin-Vega’s best inventions.
These characteristics allow the speakers to consistently handle high volumes.
Because of the cone’s curvilinear design, you can enjoy clarity and definition, whether you mount these units in car doors or other spaces.
You can enjoy excellent high- and mid-range frequencies, with the only drawback being that bass sounds aren’t as powerful.
You can circumvent this problem by installing a subwoofer, but this does require more space in your car.
- Excellent mid and high frequencies
- Quality components
- Durable and strong components
- Low-quality bass sounds
- This is an expensive set, even if worth the price
2. Cerwin-Vega H465C
This is an excellent component speaker set, affording you all parts you need to create excellent sound inside your vehicle.
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- RMS: 50 watts
- Peak Power: 360 watts
- Frequency Response: 55-18,000 Hz
- 2way/3way/4way: 2-Way
Cerwin-Vega makes sure that quality is part of the benefits they offer. I love that—even in less expensive products on their list—they still use the best materials.
- A steel vented frame to provide strength
- A mica-injected cone, which means the speaker can handle the power of sound and the vibrations caused by driving
- The cone has a rubber surround to absorb some of the shock caused by driving
- The set includes a mesh grill, which means you can ensure all parts are well protected
The most important part is the sound quality.
You’ll enjoy the power and clarity of sound, though you may find some lower frequencies lacking.
- Reasonable price
- Strong, durable components
- Mid and bass sounds aren’t of the best quality
- Lower frequencies only supported from 55 Hz upwards
3. Cerwin-Vega V468
This coaxial speaker set is one that communicates Cerwin-Vega’s love for power as well as style.
- Sensitivity: 86 dB
- RMS: 45 Watts
- Peak Power: 140 Watts
- Frequency Response: 97 Hz - 22 kHz
- 2way/3way/4way: 2-Way Coaxial
The red ring surrounding the speaker means you can add some aesthetic flair to your vehicle’s interior.
Apart from this, you’ll enjoy the immense power and volume, thanks to the power handling of up to 400 watts.
One aspect you may find troubling is the physical dimensions; as they’re not square speakers, they may require customized spaces.
The mounting depth of 2.85” is slightly more than many other speakers of this size require. Measure your available space before purchasing these.
- Stunning look
- Durable components
- Powerful sound
- Unwieldy design
- Low frequencies not well supported
4. Cerwin-Vega H4652
These coaxial speakers may be your answer to the ultimate sound experience in your car.
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- RMS: 50 Watts
- Peak Power: 300 Watts
- Frequency Response: 55-18,000 Hz
- 2way/3way/4way: 2-Way
They offer a solid, balanced sound and their power of 300 watts is remarkable for this size speaker.
It’s a sign of the limits that Cerwin-Vega keeps breaking when it comes to sound equipment.
In dimensions the H4652 also offers the best possibilities, because its mounting depth is only 2.24”.
The stunning black design is classic and falls into most people’s preference list.
All of this can be purchased at a very affordable price as well.
- Vented basket frames prevent overheating
- Tweet grilles protect fragile units
- Classic circle design makes it easy to install in most vehicles
- Low tones aren’t fully supported, so bass notes may not be felt as you would wish
Cerwin-Vega is a leader in the field of audio equipment, and they have proven this for many decades.
There’s no doubt that if you purchase any of these products you’ll be well pleased with the sound and your car trips will become sound adventures.