Want the most double-DIN bang for your buck? This Pioneer AVHX3800BHS definitely delivers with all the features an audio-focused car audio fanatic needs without premium extras. Check this out:
Table Of Contents
- DVD/CD player with a decen internal amp power and 6.2” touchscreen make for a versatile head unit that is ideal for those interested in making this the nerve center of their car audio set up. It also includes a wireless remote for easier operation at car shows or working around the garage.
- Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free calling and audio streaming and USB connectivity make this a good fit for iPhone or Android users, and AppRadio One compatiblity makes it easy to stream audio via USB seamlessly from your iPhone or Android device.
- In addition to DVD/CD player capability, this unit can also play lossless FLAC audio files via USB connection to a flashdrive or stored on your phone.A 13-band EQ with 7 presets, a 3-way network mode for the preamp, high and low pass filters, Pioneer’s Advanced Sound Retriever, digital time alignment, and Auto-EQ with the optional mic installed all make this an excellent stereo head unit for your car’s premium audio suite.Given the number of preamp out options, this model also makes it easy to connect to more powerful external audio drivers like powered subwoofer kits or speaker kit amplifiers.
- Add SiriusXM satellite radio and/or GPS navigation module at an additional cost.
- Touchscreen is reflexive, which is not as sensitive or accurate as capacitive touchscreens.
- No CarPlay or Android Auto may be a dealbreaker for those seeking cutting-edge smartphone integration
- Weak internal amp means you will need to add a car amplifier and possibly a subwoofer kit if you are integrating aftermarket speakers into your setup.
- Paid-add on modules for GPS and satellite may be something of a deal breaker if you are looking for the head-unit that does it all right out of the box.
- Excellent multimedia capabilities
- Lots of preamp out options
- Wireless or wired smartphone integration
- Reflexive touchscreen display
- Adapters required for factory steering wheel controls integration
- Weak internal amplification