Remember everything we just said about most Single DIN units being less versatile?
This is not one of those. Its primary feature, the one that sets it apart from all the competition, is its flip-out display with 7-inch Clear Resistive Touchscreen. While we won't longer include it on our list of the best single din head units because of stock issues (good luck finding one) we still recommend it.
This effectively makes this Single DIN unit even bigger than a Double DIN, and that touchscreen also potentially gives it all the capabilities of a Double DIN.
Although the unit itself does not have GPS navigation capability, it can still use it through a connected smartphone, which will have GPS and mapping apps.
It also features a Dual-Device Connection Bluetooth, meaning that two separate smartphones can link to it wirelessly at the same time, and its capability is such that call reception is improved to almost the quality of FM radio.
Other included apps are Siri Eyes Free (making this an excellent choice for iOS device users), Spotify, and AppRadio One.
In addition to the flip-out screen and the standard interface controls, it also features a DVD/CD player, rear USB and auxiliary input jacks, a backup camera input, a 200-watt amplifier, and a remote control.
It has a peak power output of 50 watts over 4 channels, 22 watts RMS over 4 channels with 5% total harmonic distortion (THD), and 14 watts CEA2006 over four channels with less than 1% THD.
Verdict: This is the best Single DIN touchscreen head unit out there, and possibly the best Single DIN stereo of all, because of it.
- Flip-out 7-inch touchscreen display
- Highly responsive display
- Display resolution of 800x480 pixels
- Double connection Bluetooth Backup camera input
- Music plays even with screen closed
- Can be used in off-road vehicles
- Detachable theft-deterrent faceplate
- DVD/CD player
- Customizable home screen shortcuts
- Remote control
- Siri Eyes Free
- Bluetooth cross-platform issues: cannot use Android phone simultaneously with iPod, but either is OK alone or with another of its platform.
- Installation can be complicated.
- USB port is in the rear of the unit.
- No built-in SiriusXM satellite radio capability.
- GPS requires a separate nav unit or connected smartphone.