Update: We've not been able to find this battery charger through online retailers lately. Most places are Out of Stock. If you find a place where to buy it please leave it on the comments below.
For an up-to-date list of the best battery chargers, read this.
We’ve already seen what Schumacher can provide as far as a high-quality battery charger, and this is the slightly less powerful version for those who don’t need as much raw energy.
Still, even with that in mind, the SE-4022 is still built for fleets or those who need an industrial-strength charger, so don’t think that you’re out of luck if you get this version instead.
What we like most about this machine is that it not only provides plenty of juice for your battery, but it can run a full diagnostic on it and your alternator as well.
This way you can find problems before they become complications and fix them accordingly.
This makes the machine a helpful tool in any fleet mechanic’s belt.
As for performance, this model has more than enough power to go around. Best of all, the versatility is incredible, such that you can charge a wide variety of batteries in a relatively short amount of time.
Smaller units can use the 2-amp setting, or you can go even faster and charge with ten amps. If time is of the essence, this device can run up to 40 amps while charging, and it has a 200-amp jump starter as well.
In the end, you can do a lot with this machine that you wouldn’t be able to with any portable unit.
That being said, if you aren’t managing multiple vehicles, this is probably going to be too much for you to handle.
- Amp Output: 10 amp fast charge, 40 amp rapid charge, 200 amp starting charge
- Charges 6v Batteries: Yes
- Charges 12v Batteries: Yes
- Fast Charge Mode: Yes
- Durable construction
- Reliable operation is designed for fleets
- Cooling fan keeps the machine in prime condition
- Works on both six and twelve-volt batteries
- Fast charging times
- Jump starts or recharges batteries
- Two rotary switches included
- Voltmeter built-in
- Analyzes starting and electrical problems
- Wheels and handle make it more maneuverable
- Does not automatically stop when battery is full
- Assembly may be a bit tricky for some users
- Wheels are not very durable